| (printer friendly)
Makes two 14 inch pizza crusts
10 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 2 cups), preferably Gold Medal, protein content no higher than 10.5 percent
1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon table salt
6.2 ounces water (about 3/4 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons), preferably filtered or spring, 100 to 105 degrees
1. Combine flour, yeast, honey, and salt in workbowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. With machine running, add all but 2 tablespoons water through feed tube. With machine still running, add olive oil through feed tube and process until dough forms a ball, about 30 seconds.
2. Place dough in gallon-sized, heavy-duty zipper-lock plastic bag and seal. Refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours.
3. Remove dough from plastic bag and divide in half with pastry scraper. Set each half in center of lightly floured large sheet parchment paper. Cover each with two 18-inch lengths plastic wrap overlapping in center (alternatively, use one 18-inch length of extrawide plastic wrap); let doughs rest 10 minutes.
4. Setting one dough aside, roll one dough into 14-inch round with even thinness of 1/32-inch, using tackiness of dough against parchment to help roll.
5. Peel off plastic wrap, sauce dough, then sprinkle with about 1 cup cheese and desired toppings. With scissors, trim excess parchment so that it is just larger than dough.
6. Slip dough with parchment onto pizza peel, inverted rimmed baking sheet, or rimless cookie sheet, then slide onto hot baking stone. Bake until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven with pizza peel or pull parchment with pizza onto baking sheet. Transfer pizza to cutting board, slide parchment out from under pizza; cut pizza into wedges and slide onto wire rack. Let cool 2 minutes until crisp; serve.